Stonehenge Therapeutic Community works together with individuals, families and communities impacted by substance use and co-occurring mental health issues to restore hope, dignity and self-respect and to support ongoing opportunities for positive change and growth.
STC leads the way in helping people living with co-occurring substance use and mental health issues to be empowered to make healthier life choices and to pursue opportunities to thrive and contribute within their communities.
We envision a world in which all people living with co-occurring substance use and mental health issues are welcomed and accepted within their communities.
Our Core Values:
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community values;
- The strengths and needs of the individuals and the communities with which we work
- The highest standards of holistic care and person-centered treatment
- Diversity and practices inclusiveness
- Our staff, alumni and peer supports, celebrating their successes and highlighting their strengths and accomplishments
- Honesty and integrity and fosters personal and professional accountability at all levels
- Shared decision-making and teamwork
- The highest standards of fiscal responsibility
Our Principles of Treatment
- Individual needs are different. Services must recognize and respond to the diverse needs of people – not the reverse
- People must be partners in their recovery process and participate in shared decision- making, defining and striving for well-being
- Services focus on helping people to build self-esteem and to pursue opportunities for success
- Services must be constantly evaluated and improved upon
- Services and support are available on a continuum that meets evolving individual needs