Stonehenge Therapeutic Community brings together people with chronic and acute addictions, including co-occurring mental health issues, to provide on-going opportunities for change and to promote a healthy lifestyle free of alcohol and drug abuse. We embrace the invaluable role of alumni and peers to accomplish this mission.
In the residential treatment program and aftercare services, this mission is accomplished through our progressive therapeutic community approach, supporting a healthy lifestyle free of alcohol and drug abuse.
We also offer community-based services along a harm reduction continuum. These programs include addiction supportive housing, services for pregnant or parenting women and regional outreach and addiction support coordination programs.
STC establishes the benchmark in addictions treatment and prevention for men, women and their children. We lead the way in restoring hope, dignity and self-respect to our clients and their families, empowering them with the skills to choose a healthier lifestyle.
Our vision is that all clients will have stable housing, opportunities for employment, education and a support network so they will thrive and contribute within their communities.
Our Core Values:
Stonehenge Therapeutic Community will;
- Ensure that our programs and services promote principles of self-help, mutual support and lifestyle change
- Ensure that clients remain our primary focus
- Respect our staff, alumni and peer supports as valued resources
- Maintain the highest standards of holistic prevention and treatment
- Respect the needs of our clients by providing services across the harm reduction continuum
- Encourage innovation and organizational learning
- Promote honesty and integrity
- Foster professional and personal accountability at all levels
- Practice shared decision-making and teamwork
- Uphold high standards of fiscal responsibility
- Promote and respect diversity
- Strive for continuous organizational improvement
- Act in a manner that reflects commitment to a clear statement of purpose and vision
Our Principles of Treatment
- Treatment should be modified to match the needs of clients, not the reverse
- Individual needs are different and client treatment plans must recognize this
- Every effort must be made to build self-esteem and incorporate opportunities for success throughout treatment
- Clients must be partners in their treatment and include shared decision making with the entire community
- Support continues when formal treatment ends, through Aftercare
- Treatment must be constantly evaluated and improved upon