What is “the RAAC”?
Rapid Access Addiction Clinics (RAAC) are specialist medical clinics designed for people who are experiencing health issues related to their drug and/or alcohol use. The clinics are open to people of all ages who are currently using substances, and there is no cost to participate. The RAAC is a short term service and patients are connected back to primary care upon completion of their involvement. The first RAAC opened in Guelph in June 2017 and there are now locations in Kitchener, Cambridge and Elora (serving rural Wellington).
The RAAC can help if you:
- Want support to address substance dependence
- Need help to reduce cravings
- Are using to avoid withdrawal symptoms
- Have health concerns related to substance use
- Need a place to talk about substance use without judgement
Contact Information & Website
Information and support can be accessed through the toll free phone number: 1-844-722-2977 (1-844-RAACWSS) or by visiting the RAAC website at:
The website provides all the information you’ll need for all four RAAC sites in the region.